The board was populated successfully and most of the functional features of the board have turned out to be successful. I am yet to test one of the two voltage comparators available on the board.
The main features of the board include:
- PIC16F877A platform
- L293D module ( Can drive 2 geared DC motors or 1 stepper motor)
- ULN 2003A module for stepper motors
- Voltage comparator circuit for LDR based sensor module
- Voltage comparator circuit for IR LED – photodiode based sensor modules
- Analog Inputs
- Seven Segment Display * 4nos
- RS232 port
- LED outputs to test the comparators/voltage sensors
- 8 LEDs to test the outputs of the individual pins of the controller
- Plug and play option — Can test it with simple connecting wires across any pin of the microcontroller
- Power supply pins to power other add-on boards
Looking foward for your comments!