It had been a long time since the development board was manufactured. I was able to test some of the features of the board. I am done with the H bridge, RS232 communication and the A/D conversion. All were successful.
I realised the importance of input filters only when I blew up the microcontroller by connecting the 12V DC motor to the power supply that is not provided with input filters!
I tried pulse width modulation with my board and I have included a video that shows the motor running at slow speed in opposite directions.
The MikroC routines for the PIC microcontroller were handy to test my board. In the picture, I was able to send a data to my PIC and echo it back to the PC!
I am yet to program the correct sequence for energising the sequence of the stepper motor coils.